New technologies are being introduced swiftly to make computing simpler by solving coding challenges in recent years. This blog will deal with two of the most modern-day technologies, Laravel vs React and will offer an in-depth look at their features, benefits, and drawbacks.
We will deliver you a clear picture and assist in making the precise selection on which is better Laravel or React, and what are differences between laravel vs react.
How Do Laravel and React Work?
For finding which is better Laravel or React, let us explore in detail what is laravel and react and how both work across development projects.
How Does Laravel Work?
Laravel is a web application framework with precise, expressive and well-designed syntax. Laravel leverages a Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern. This architectural pattern works by breaking down an application into three significant parts:
- Data (Model)
- Interface to see and alter data (View)
- Operations to be executed on data (Controller)
How Does React Works?
React is an element-based, open-source library that is entirely accountable for the app’s view layer. It builds views for every project-based state, and when the data alters, react apprises and condenses the fitting element or component swiftly. The declarative tactic streamlines debugging and makes the code more prospective.
Unique Features of Laravel vs React
For finding which is better Laravel or React, let us explore the features of React vs Laravel and what are differences between laravel and react.
Features of Laravel
1) Template engine
Laravel framework has in-built lightweight templates that can generate exclusive layouts by collaborative content. It even offers a robust framework with multiple widgets that include CSS and JS code. Laravel templates are smartly built and enable decent layouts with diverse elements.
2) MVC Architecture
Laravel backs MVC architecture patterns that facilitate discrepancy between representation layers and business logic. This architecture offers several built-in functionalities improving app performance and usability.
Laravel enables a hashed and salted password tactic that ensures the password is not in plain text placed in the database. It creates an encrypted password leveraging the “Bcrypt Hashing Algorithm.” In addition, it allows structured SQL statements to safeguard against SQL injection security pressures.
4) Database migration
The Laravel migration system extends the database structure without reconstructing it when a code alteration happens. The danger of data loss is pretty low with this functionality.
It enables you to leverage PHP as a substitute for SQL code. The Laravel Schema Builder helps generate database tables and the swift addition of columns and indices.
Features of React
2) Virtual Document Object Model (DOM)
DOM is a vital part of the web as it splits into modules and implements the code. React uses virtual DOM, which is a precise copy of actual DOM. Smartly updating both real and virtual DOM, you can merely update the part that has been altered recently, and everything else stays the same.
3) One-way Data Binding
One-way data binding means one-direction flow. The data sets in react flow merely in one direction from parent elements to child elements. So, one-way data binding keeps the whole thing modular and quick.
React has multiple extensions that we can leverage to generate full-fledged UI apps. It backs mobile application development and offers server-side enablement. React is prolonged with React Native, Flux, and Redux, which assists in building an effective user interface.
Significant Benefits of Laravel vs React
For identifying which is better Laravel or React, let us explore the features of React vs Laravel and what are differences between laravel and react.
Benefits of Laravel
- Laravel accesses multiple libraries, which eases the blending of SaaS APIs within your apps such as Stripe, Mail Chimp, Mandrill, Authorize.net and many more.
- Pre-packaged tools enable tasks when developing apps in Laravel, including user authentication, user authorization, queues and background jobs.
- Laravel backs an extensive set of technologies like PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL or MariaDB, MemcacheD, and BeanstalkD.
Benefits of React
- React offers suppleness in creating elements on a page and enables developers to build programmatically constructed HTML grounded on runtime deliberations.
- React only enables those parts of the display that have altered, making display updates more effective.
Drawbacks of Laravel vs React
Let us explore the drawbacks of React vs Laravel and what are differences between laravel and react.
Drawbacks of Laravel
- Laravel requires a significant learning curve, and you cannot be a specialist in a week. It takes many investigations to understand the original concepts accurately.
- With Laravel, it is too much to immerse in as it is in everything. Laravel has a precise approach to do the same for any portion of back-end development you desire to execute. It is boundless but also irresistible at the same time.
- Once you use Laravel, you get into a vendor lock-in as it would not be straightforward to switch to something else.
Drawbacks of React
- React could get very annoying unless you initiate thinking in React. It enforces a top-down data flow and provides no approach for the data to interact backwards. This limitation is indeed an immense aspect that confines well-organized code and components.
- Since having a self-imposed top-down hierarchy with React, you have hefty parents with dumb children. As parents would require to execute the bulk of the tasks, they deal with the state while passing callbacks to the child elements. If not precisely designed, this could lead to callback anguish, where you could have callbacks passing by numerous children.
- The speed of ReactJS’s development is a drawback. However, it should be considered that in recent years the core API of React has turned a lot steadier.
Moving Forward: Selecting Between React vs Laravel for Your Next Project
As we have explored every aspect of this React vs Laravel blog, we see each platform has its benefits and confines. Both application development solutions provide exclusive approaches and features and, as a result, have gained more accessibility lately.
Subsequently, whether you are seeking the top Laravel application development company or a leading React Native application development company for your next project, IndiaNIC can assist you in developing apps in both domains.
Our teams will even guide you on the selection of diverse technology stacks. So, contact our proficient team today and share your project brief to get a guaranteed response within 24 hours.